Sauk Centre Trail Town

On August 3, 1836, French astronomer and topographer Joseph Nicollet and his expedition met three Ojibwe and two Sauk Indians at the mouth of what is now the Sauk River. He was mapping the Mississippi watershed and recording the local names of lakes and rivers. Nicollet questioned how to write the name.

TRAIL SERVICE DIRECTORY

Comment Here